I cook with ground meat about once a week. It’s tasty and easy to work with especially when you want to make a protein packed meal. This weekend I started to make one of my standard ground beef and rice mixtures, maybe a bit boring, until I was inspired by something my husband said to me the other day. He shared with me that his Mom use to make a Spanish Rice type dish. Hmmmm Spanish rice. Then I got my MoJo going and headed to the pantry and here is what the results were.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- ½ pound Ground Pork
- 1 Jar of Salsa
- 1 Packet of Spicy Chili Seasoning (try Simple Organic)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (prepare per package directions)
- Cook ground pork and beef in a large skillet on medium high until lightly browned
- Add Chili Seasoning packet and stir into meat so that it is evenly distributed
- Add Salsa to skillet and fold into meat, continue to cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add rice to skillet fold into meat mixture, warm for 2 more minutes
- Serve and Enjoy!
Trackback from your site.