This was an idea I pulled out of a hat one night. I needed to make something quick. I always have eggs and many times when I need a quick meal I make my Caramelized Onion and Spinach Quiche but I didn’t have the time to caramelize onions. So I went with tomato slices. I thought this came out so beautiful. And Yummy. Your family will love it.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk (any kind you have. And this is optional)
- Salt and pepper
- tbsp of olive oil to grease pie plate
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (you can use as much or as little as you wish)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease pie plate with olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs, milk (optional), salt, and pepper in a large bowl. set aside.
- Layer the spinach, and shredded cheese in a 9 inch pie plate. Save a ¼ cup of the cheese for the top at the end.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of layers. Make sure the egg settles to the bottom. I sometimes lift up the spinach and cheese to make sure the egg seeps in between and through to the bottom.
- Lay thin tomato slices on the top of the egg and vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the egg mixture is firm in the center.
- Finish by sprinkling the remaining ¼ cup of cheese on top and broil until cheese melts and browns lightly.
- Let fritatta sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Trackback from your site.