This beef recipe is so delicious that people will ask for it again once they’ve had it. My family requests this main dish for Birthday dinners. It make me happy since it is so simple to make.I can take you through the step and then there is a step by step recipe below.
I start with a flank steak. I don’t worry too much about marbling on the steak because that only adds flavor.
I cut the steak into strips.
Once the steak is cut, it’s time to coat the strips with the cornstarch. I don’t like mess so I add the beef strips to a large zip lock baggie, then add the cornstarch and shake until the beef strips are evenly coated. Easy to do and easy to clean up!
I then coat the bottom of my dutch oven with the olive oil.
I place the coated beef strips in my dutch oven even on the bottom in one layer.
Next I mix the remain ingredients in a large bowl and then pour that mixture over the beef.
It will look like this. Beef covered with juice and carrots.
That’s it. Then you put it in the oven at 280 degrees for 2 hours. See recipe if using a crock pot.
It is so easy and delicious. You have to try it! I promise you will love it.
- 1½ pounds beef flank steak, cut into stir-fry sized strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- Coat a slow cooker or dutch oven with olive oil.
- Coat each piece of steak in cornstarch and place in crock pot or dutch oven.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over beef.
- Cook in crockpot on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
- If using a dutch oven, place in oven covered at 280 degrees for 2 hours.
- Serve over rice, topped with additional sliced green onions.
LIKE Sassy Girl Kitchen on Facebook and always be up to date on new recipes posted here.
Want to receive recipes directly in your email box? Subscribe here
Trackback from your site.