I hadn’t planned on posting this recipe but when I added a picture of it in my journal blog I received so much feedback from Facebook and Twitter. So here’s the recipe! It’s super easy to make and mind you I feel funny calling it a recipe!!
If you like this recipe you may want to receive my recipes in your email inbox each time I post a new one!! Subscribe HERE.
- 24 Shrimp (cooked frozen, uncooked frozen or fresh)
- 6-8 cups of a variety of vegetables. I used broccoli, red peppers, onions, cauliflower, carrots. You decide the amount of vegetables you want to serve.
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 jar of store bought Teriyaki marinade/sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare Vegetables
- If you are using fresh vegetables, slice them up. You will want pieces that can easily be eaten from a fork. If you are using frozen vegetables pre cook them so they are almost done based on the package directions.
- Prepare Shrimp
- If you are using frozen shrimp thaw them in a bowl of cold water. Do not use warm water, it must be cold or you will begin to cook the shrimp. Continue to thaw them by replacing the cold water. Soon they will be soft to the touch and then drain and pat dry with paper towels. If you are using fresh uncooked shrimp, just make sure they are shelled and deveined. This makes them easier to eat in the stir fry.
- Once the shrimp are dry return to a bowl and add ½ cup of Teriyaki marinade/sauce. Set them aside to soak while cooking vegetables.
- Slowly heat up a large skillet. As the skillet warms add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When pan is hot add vegetables and stir fry until almost cooked through. I like my vegetables slightly crunchy.
- Add some fresh marinade/sauce to the vegetables to taste. Go slow with store bought marinades they can be concentrated and you want to use a little then taste. You can very quickly over season your dish. Do not use the marinade/sauce that the shrimp is soaking in.
- Add Shrimp to skillet. Do not add excess marinade/sauce only shrimp.
- If you are using pre cooked shrimp you will want to make sure your vegetables are done. This is because you DO NOT want to cook this shrimp it is already cooked. Just toss the shrimp with the vegetables for flavor and to warm them and remove from heat.
- If you are using uncooked frozen shrimp or fresh uncooked shrimp then add them to skillet toss with vegetables and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the shrimp becomes opaque. Check by cutting one in half. If its flesh is opaque throughout, it’s done. Shrimp cooks very quickly. Do not over cook.
- After shrimp is ready you can serve! This is a quick cooking meal. Do not let it sit in the hot skillet.
Trackback from your site.