I had to post this recipe. I was tipped off on this great recipe by Snack Girl one of my favorite healthy food bloggers. If you haven’t been following her she is worth a follow. I receive a daily email from her and she has GREAT tips on snacks and healthy foods.
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 15 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced or grated)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Clean mushroom caps with wet paper towel and remove stems.
- Spoon ¼ cup tomatoes with or without juice into cap. Layer mozzarella cheese over tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes and then the last 5 minutes put under the broiler to brown the cheese topping.
I think I’ll makes these for after school snack today. My Lark always comes off the bus starving. These will be happily received.
Trackback from your site.