We have always been a family that loves a handful of nuts as a snack. I’m always trying to find something new to keep our snacks interesting… I discovered a Cereal Bar recipe on Snack Girl and was inspired to run with it from there. I wanted it to be healthy and full of healthy, yummy ingredients. I made mine with almonds, cherries, raisins and sunflower seeds. The best part of this recipe is you can make it your own by picking what fruits or nuts you want to use. My boys loved these and I used them in their weekday breakfasts To Go or in their lunch bags as a snack. They didn’t last long at my house.
- ½ cup whole nuts (choose your favorite; cashew, almonds, walnuts, pecan, macadamia)
- 1 ½ cup total of dried fruits (cherries, cranberries, apricots, raisins, coconut. Combine any to make the total measurement)
- ½ cup peanut butter (you could use any nut butter)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Coarsely chop nuts and dried fruits. You can use a food processor if you wish, pulse until coarsely chopped.
- In a bowl, blend together the nut butter and bananas until a paste forms.
- Mix into the nut paste the chopped fruits and nuts and the rest of the ingredients mixing together until well distributed.
- Press into lightly greased muffin pan ( I passed on the greasing and lined with muffin cups)
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Trackback from your site.