This recipe was a childhood favorite. It is an easy and very delicious sweet bread. An excellent way to use your over ripened bananas. It is a nice bread to bring for a hostess gift. Easy and quick to make.
I think it is the first recipe I ever made by myself. Dell was a woman my mother met when she lived in North Carolina in the mid 50″s. She was there when my Dad was in the service. I was not even a twinkle in their eye at the time. My mother and all of us made this recipe countless times. My boys love when I make this bread it smells so yummy and you can change it with nuts or chocolate chips when you want to make it different.
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup and 1 Tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp of milk
- 1 cup of banana mashed
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts work best)
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease all sides of a bread pan
- Mix together sugar, butter and eggs in a kitchen aide mixer
- Add to sugar mixture the milk and bananas
- Mix together in separate bowl the flour baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Slowly work the flour mixture into the wet ingredients in the kitchen mixer.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips if you choose
- Once well mixed pour batter into well greased bread pan
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes
- Test doneness with a toothpick in center of bread
- Let cool before slicing.
Trackback from your site.