This dish is one of my favorite comfort foods. It’s an easy crust-less quiche.
The caramelized onions bring the flavors together. You can try different cheese like cheddar, Gouda or Gruyere.
A very savory and healthy dish that can be served at any meal. It stores well for leftovers.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup fat free milk
- Salt and pepper
- tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onions sliced and caramelized
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice onions and lightly brown/caramelize in a skillet on medium heat heat with a tbsp of olive oil. Set caramelized onions aside.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Layer the spinach, onion and shredded cheese in a 9 inch pie plate. Save a ¼ cup of the cheese for the top at the end.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of layers. Make sure the egg settles to the bottom. I sometimes lift up the spinach and onion to make sure the egg seeps in between and through to the bottom.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is firm in the center.
- Finish by sprinkling the remaining ¼ cup of cheese on top and broil until cheese melts and browns lightly.
- Let quiche sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
Trackback from your site.